The Midwives Clinic of East York – Don Mills Midwifery Practice Group is bound by law and professional ethics to safeguard your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
- Collecting only the information that may be necessary for your care;
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date records;
- Safeguarding the medical records in our possession;
- Sharing information with other health-care providers and organizations on a “need-to-know” basis where required for your health care;
- Disclosing information to third parties only with your express consent, or as permitted or required by law; and,
- Retaining/destroying records in accordance with the law.
You will be asked to sign a consent form that gives your consent for our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to your care.
You have the right to see your records. You may also obtain copies of your records – please ask one of your midwives.
Please speak to your midwife if you have any concerns about the accuracy of your records.
The Midwives’ Clinic of East York – Don Mills
3-1 Leaside Park Drive Toronto ON M4H 1R1