Paging Instructions – PAGER: 416 467-6616
Please page us if you experience any of the following symptoms, or any time you have urgent concerns.
When you page your midwife, please give your first and last name, your phone number, the date your baby is due and the reason for your page.
If you do not hear back from your midwife in 15 minutes, page again.
If you still don’t hear back, page another midwife or call the clinic for information.
On rare occasions, our paging system is unavailable, this usually happens for a short period of time. In this case, call the clinic office at 416 424-1976 for instructions or call Michael Garron Hospital maternal triage at 416 469-6580 extension 6216.
Call 911 and then page your midwife if:
- You are bleeding heavily, eg. clots and heavier than a period.
- Your water breaks and umbilical cord is in the vagina or hanging from the vagina
Page your midwife during pregnancy if you have:
- Vaginal bleeding – a small amount is normal after having a vaginal exam
- Severe pain in your belly; abdominal pain
- Severe headache, blurred vision, nausea, vomiting
- Waters break – please pay attention to the colour and smell of the fluid
- Decreased or lack of fetal movement
- Fever higher than 38 degrees Celsius/100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Regular contractions before 37 weeks of pregnancy
- Falling down stairs, car accidents or trauma to your belly during pregnancy
Call the office:
- to inquire about an appointment
- for discomforts of pregnancy, i.e. backache, rash, indigestion, swelling of feet
- to check on lab results
- if you have symptoms of a bladder infection (pain or burning while peeing)
Note: messages will be picked up Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.