Updated on April 23, 2021
As of April 23rd, 2021, all pregnant individuals will be eligible to register for vaccination appointments under the highest risk health conditions in the Phase 2 prioritization guidance.
Pregnant individuals are eligible to receive their vaccine through Public Health Unit(PHU) immunization clinics by booking an appointment through the provincial call centre at 1-888-999-6488. Pregnant individuals who are in a PHU not using the provincial booking system will be directed to their Public health Unit to book an appointment.
– A letter from a health care provider is not required for vaccination.
– The extended dose interval of 16 weeks remains appropriate for this population.
– The Province’s Prioritization Guidance and website will be updated in the coming days to reflect this change in prioritization for pregnant individuals, but implementation can begin immediately.
– All Vaccination options are currently available to pregnant people: Astra Zeneca, Pfizer, Moderna
– Vaccines should be spaced by 2 weeks before the covid vaccine and recommended to wait 4 weeks after as well
For a list of Public Health Units: https://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/common/system/services/phu/locations.aspx
To learn more about the vaccine, see the following links:
Ontario Midwives– Scroll to bottom of the page to learn about the vaccine
Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health- “I am Pregnant or Breastfeeding-Should I get the covid-19 vaccine”